Compass Rose Geocoins 10 Year Anniversary Editions
This coin marks the 10th anniversary of the official Compass Rose Geocoin® series. This compass rose design is not based on an actual compass rose, but incorporates design aspects from the previous Compass Rose Geocoin series dating the years 2010-2014.
The back of this coin focuses on the ancient and large constellation Argo Navis. The constellation has since been divided into three separate constellations: Carina (the keel of the ship), Puppis (the stern of the ship), and Vela (the sails of the ship). Pyxis (the mariner’s compass) was formerly a part of Argo’s mast, but is now considered its own separate constellation.
The image shown on the back is based on the Argo Navis drawing by Johannes Hevelius, a polish astronomer known as “the founder of lunar topography” for his detailed charts of the moon’s surface. This drawing had been included in his star catalog, Prodromus Astronomiae. The zodiac signs circling this image signifies the other constellations that are found on his maps of the sky.
The 10th Year Anniversary Compass Rose Geocoin® is made in five different versions:
- Argo Navis - Black nickel with polished nickel (Limited Edition)
- Vela - Antique copper with polished nickel
- Puppis - Antique bronze
- Carina - Polished 24k gold
- Pyxis - Polished nickel
- Measures 2" (50.8mm) diameter
- Translucent and solid hard enamel colors
- Glitter hard enamel colors
- Some versions have glow-in-the-dark colors
- Detailed 3-D images on the front and back of the coin
- Swarovski gemstones on the front side
- Trackable on Geocaching.com
- A unique icon will show on your profile when you log a discovery
Compass Rose Geocoin® is a registered trademark of Aaron Charles Promotions LLC, all rights reserved.