Geostuff.com.au has new owners !
As of the 1st July 2018, Geostuff, Australia and New Zealand’s Biggest and Best Geocaching Store, is now owned and run by John and Di Baxter (AKA SnappyTomCats) of Australia Wide Badges in Nuriootpa, South Australia.
Geostuff was founded in April 2010 in Melbourne by Carl (iamapom) and Deb (mrsiamapom), and has since then delivered over 20000 orders to customers worldwide, at events and face-to-face at the Geostuff retail store.
John and Di plan to house Geostuff in their walk-up retail setting in Nuriootpa South Australia. This will provide a better service to Geocachers as the store is open normal business hours as well as being available 24x7 online and has plenty of staff.
Congratulations to John and Di !
Carl, Deb and Woody would like to thank all of our thousands of customers over the past eight years. We started with a packet of Nanos in a drawer and five envelopes from Kmart ! We’d also like to thank family and friends who supported us and worked the shop for us while we were on holiday.
Geostuff aquistion FAQs:
- Parkville Mega 2018 Shirt pre-orders – Don’t worry. Your shirts will be manufactured as normal and will be available to pickup from the event if you chose that option, or will be mailed to you in good time.
- I’ve just placed an order, when will my order be shipped ? John and Di has picked up all of the Geostuff stock, and will be taking it to South Australia this week. Orders placed after 1st July (except for backorders) will be shipped shortly from the new Geostuff location in South Australia.
- I’ve got something on backorder, is that all good ? – Yes of course. We will be tidying up any backorders over the next couple of weeks.
- Will Virtual and Physical Gift Cards still be honoured – Yes absolutely.
- What about my items in the Geocaching Melbourne Museum – They are safe in the existing Geostuff premises. Don’t worry. We will be discussing the future of the Museum with the committee. If the museum can’t be housed elsewhere, we will arrange to return the items to those who lent them to us.
- Will the subscription boxes still continue – That’s the intention yes.
Will my Geostuff online account continue ? – Yes there will be no change.
- Will Geostuff continue to stock Munzees ? – Not at the moment, no.
- Will Geostuff still make custom items such as Team name stamps etc – Yes.
- What about Ned Skelly ? – As Ned (and his dog Fatty) were part of the sale, they will have a new home in South Australia.
- When can I visit the new retail store ? – Ask John on firstname.lastname@example.org !
- Is the Facebook page being transferred too ? – Yes both the Geostuff and Ned Skelly Facebook pages will be run by John and Dianne.
- What about Carl & Deb ? – we will be helping John and Dianne for a few months during the transition of Geostuff. And then, we can do some actual Geocaching J
- Can I buy the Geostuff office stuff – the grass, the TV, chairs, Computer, Engraving Machine, desk, other furniture etc. – Yeah sure !
- What about Woody ? – Don’t be ridiculous, we would never sell him !